Situated close to outstanding accommodation and reception venues, either of the historic churches of St. John or St.
Mark make the perfect venue for your country wedding.
No matter what style of wedding you have planned, our picturesque Valley can offer a memorable experience.
To assist with all the other details....
Weddings in Wollombi
Your Wedding – Your Special Day
- You are welcome to marry in church...
...but, there are some conditions:
- whatever your beliefs
- whether or not you are baptised
- whether or not you regularly go to church
- at least one member of an engaged couple must be baptised for them to be married in an Anglican Church
- If one or other of a couple has been married before, the priest will
need to discuss the situation, probably at the first meeting
- All that being said... it is the priest’s job to make you feel welcome and
comfortable about your wedding and to help you make decisions about the ceremony.
- While it is the duty of the priest to marry you, it is also his or her privilege.
When you choose to marry in a church, you are the hosts and the church is your guest.
If you wish to invite us to be part of your wedding, we would be delighted to accept. And for a special day - we offer a special place.
- You will naturally want your special day captured by a photographer. Talk to the priest about where your
pictures might be taken and particularly whether photographs may be taken in the church during the service.
Try to arrange for your photographer and the priest to meet up so they can discuss the logistics of
photography on the day. Professional photographer John Coombes can offer tips on making the
most of your church wedding photos and DVD.